ALL ABOUT ANTIBEAUTY
A little bit about us, our founder, and why we are so unique...
We are PRO -
• Enhancing mental health and self-worth through conscious marketing and promotion
• Celebrating diversity and embracing attainable, individual beauty
• Showing authentic and unedited before and after photos of our results
• Showing authentic and unedited real humans in our advertising and media
• Adopting sustainable and environmentally friendly practices
• Minimising packaging and reducing waste wherever possible
• Using high-quality, purposeful ingredients in our products
• Empowering our clients with knowledge about their skin
• Utilising high-quality, plant-based and cruelty-free ingredients in our products
About Our Founder
AntiBeauty was created by our founder Benjamyn Gardner.
He has been working as a makeup artist and skin specialist for over 15 years and is in love with seeing ALL forms of beauty...
For the few years before entering the Anti Beauty industry, he was also the top salesperson in Australia for one of the largest beauty companies in the world, this is where the realisation hit him.
After realising how limited the industry is in its vision of equality, he decided to take the plunge and create AntiBeauty to smash stereotypes of what the industry and the general population have conditioned us to see as being "beautiful".
There is absolute lack of representation of MANY forms of beauty and we aim to totally smash that out of the water... We are all beautiful, you know it, and we are going to prove it.
Our motto is you are already beautiful, you do not need to buy our products to be beautiful, but of course having clean, clear and healthy skin is a massive confidence booster for anyone. There are also many links to better mental health, with better self care.
Ben's Skin Journey
Skincare has been a huge influencing factor in creating a positive mindset in my life. As someone who has genetic mental health issues, I am very focused on altering what I can within my life to create the most harmonious balance possible.
There is a huge connection between self care and mental health, and if nothing else... I can attest to that. Using personal care as a mindfulness exercise is extremely important in my life.
I've spent my whole life suffering from multiple skin concerns including: Rosacea, Eczema, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Dandruff, Fungal Acne and ultra Sensitive Skin.
After spending literally thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars on Dermatologists, Prescription Skin Creams, Skincare and "Solutions" all of which either did not work or actually exaccerbated the condition, I decided enough is enough and created my own brand that I could share with those experiencing the same frustrations!
AntiBeauty not only only works,
But does EVERYTHING possible to set itself apart from the industry.
Results don't lie... Airbrushing does.
But neither of these images are altered digitally.
Of course it would be a lie to say I NEVER have flare ups, all skin does, no matter how good your routine is. But they occur maybe 1-5% of the time instead of being all day every day, and that my love... is a massive relief.
Benjamyn - AntiBeauty
AntiBeauty is ultra concious of the environmental impact the beauty industry has and does the following to reduce ours.
- Uses 100% Recyclable PET bottles and has multiple sustainable packaging projects in our road map. We are looking into multiple different packaging types including R-PET, PCL, PHA, PLA and Bioplastics. As a small company, these are currently out of reach but we are working on it!
- Ships in recycled cardboard boxes and paper packaging to reduce single use plastic where possible. Please reuse the tissue paper that we pad our boxes with when you're gifting things to your friends!
- Manufactures our products with an ethical manufacturer who shares the same sustainability pracitices as us. We work with companies that follow the same values as us so that you can be assured that your support is going towards good causes.
- AntiBeauty plants a tree or funds a project for every purchase made, and have done since we launched, this makes us a 100% carbon neutral company. (See our work here: www.ecologi.com/antibeauty) We also plan to contribute more, as we grow!
- Works in an almost fully paper free environment and are consistently looking for ways to reduce any waste we may have. (For example we only ever print if necessary and keep all records digitally)
AntiBeauty believes that companies have a responsibility to honour the planet and it's inhabitants.
- All AntiBeauty products are made with ultra high quality and 100% Vegan ingredients.
- AntiBeauty does not, and will not test on animals, in this day and age there is absolutely no reason for a company to still engage in these practices, also we encourage you to do your due diligence on your favourite brands who claim this; some of them are owned by parent companies that do still engage in this antiquated and barbaric act.
- We use no ingredients that are harvested in ways that can damage the environmental homes of those that inhabit them.
- At AntiBeauty, we blend the power of nature with cutting-edge science to create our skincare solutions. Using a balanced mix of natural ingredients and safe, environmentally-conscious synthetics, we ensure our products deliver potent benefits without causing environmental harm. These synthetics, carefully selected, enhance our products' efficacy while maintaining our commitment to earth-friendly practices. With us, transparency remains the cornerstone - every ingredient we use is disclosed, keeping you fully informed about what's nourishing your skin.
The forefront of the AntiBeauty Movement is that we are 100% Inclusive.
- Our products can be mixed and matched to suit literally any skin type, gender, age or skin concern. If you are having difficulties creating your customised routine, please use our Skin Quiz , Get a Free Skin Consultation , Or email us at Support@AntiBeauty.com
- AntiBeauty products are all made to be used mindfully and designed specifically to cater to those who have sensory issues with applying skincare. You won't find any sticky, weird feeling products in our range, and that is for a reason!
- AntiBeauty is 100% culturally and socially inclusive. We use real people from the community in our advertising where possible. As a small brand with a very limited budget, we are working on ways on showing you more and more examples of the diversity in our community but are currently restricted to using inclusive stock photography.
- We are Australia's first brand to be inclusive of the non-binary and trans communities. The LGBTQIA+ community has long experienced a lack of representation in the beauty industry, and we are here to help including having the first routines in the world that take into account what HRT does to the skin as you transition.
- Our products are non gendered as we treat your skin concerns. Skincare does not need to be in a pink bottle for women, and a black bottle for men. Skin is skin, and it's no longer appropriate to be viewing products as gendered.